El Hierro is the smallest of Spain’s Canary Islands, but it is undoubtedly one of the most impressive and dramatic, with over 800 distinct volcanos (including 500 open cones, visible in nearly every direction). Between the black lava ground and the blue sea, the tiny island’s cone-scape rises to a dizzying elevation of 5000 feet. Hang gliders take note: this is your island.
Travel + Food = Truth
No Ads. No Sponsors. No Press Trips. No guest posts. No Freebies.
About the Foodie
Elyse Pasquale is a food and travel journalist with culinary experience in 65+ countries. When she’s not eating her way around the world, Elyse resides in New York City and rural Tuscany. She recently hosted a new food adventure web series (in post-production) and is writing her upcoming memoir, “Off the Beaten Plate.”
Through August 25 – Tuscany, Italy
August 26 – Miami, FL
August 29 – Portland, OR
September 5 – Northwest Arkansas
September 9-12 – Memphis, TN (AFJ Conference)
September 13 – World Championship Squirrel Cookoff!
September 16-21 – London, UK
One Hundred Tables Local Expert!
RECENTLY PUBLISHED WORK
@foodieintl on instagram
- Tina on 246 Common: A Wild Encounter with Tokyo’s Food Trucks
- Joanna on San Sebastian Pintxos Crawl: A Basque Culinary Adventure
- frankaboutcroatia on Exploring the Streets and Eats of Split, Croatia
- Martin on Tokyo’s Best Sushi You’ve Never Heard Of: Sushisho Saito
- Elizabeth on RECIPE: Schiacciata – Italian Flatbread
@foodieintl on Twitter